[2s.mk-friends] Fwd: [FSF] Job opening as FSF Campaigns Manager
Aleksandar D. Balalovski
abalalovski at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 17:43:58 UTC 2010
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter Brown <info at fsf.org>
Date: Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 7:35 PM
Subject: [FSF] Job opening as FSF Campaigns Manager
To: info-fsf at fsf.org, info-member at fsf.org
The FSF is hiring a Campaigns Manager to be part of a team that directs
and coordinates our campaigns for software freedom. This is an
opportunity to take a senior role in the organization that sponsors the
GNU project, publishes the GNU GPL and works to promote the message
that software freedom is a civil liberty.
The position is based at our offices in downtown Boston, MA.
Unfortunately, because of current visa restrictions in the US, only
US-based applicants can be considered at this time.
The Campaigns Manager implements the FSF communications strategy and
works as part of a team to develop and implement issue campaigns and
community resources, acting as a spokesperson on matters of software
freedom. The Campaigns Manager handles writing, editing, speaking, and
research related to these activist and program efforts. She/he
coordinates the GNU Chief Webmaster and the other Webmaster volunteers
to develop FSF and GNU web sites, as well as related graphic design
tasks as assigned by management. The position also plans and implements
proposals to increase fundraising, and serves as a main point of contact
between the Foundation and the free software community.
The salary is fixed at $53,851/year and that is non-negotiable.
* You must be a free software activist with a commitment to computer
user freedom and be able to demonstrate your knowledge of the policies
and work of the Foundation.
* Have persuasive written communication and public speaking skills in
matters of software and computing.
* Possess the technical skills of a Webmaster in designing, developing,
promoting and maintaining a website, including ability to write valid
HTML and CSS by hand, experience with web accessibility techniques, and
some familiarity with version control and Web publishing systems.
* Extensive experience using the GNU/Linux operating system, including
basic shell knowledge and familiarity with the process of researching
and choosing free software tools for collaborative projects.
* Graphic design experience and working knowledge of free software
design tools for web and print.
* Experience of organizing events and handling community relations in a
* Able to demonstrate that you can work in a precise way, handling
multiple campaign tasks.
Benefits include the following:
* full family health coverage through Blue Cross/Blue Shield,
* four weeks of paid vacation annually,
* seventeen paid holidays annually,
* public transit commuting cost reimbursement,
* 403(b) program through TIAA-CREF,
* limited relocation expenses,
* somewhat flexible work hours.
Resumes and cover letters must be submitted via email to
<hiring at fsf.org>. The email must contain the subject line, "Campaigns
Manager". Cover letters and resumes should be in plain text files, Open
Document Format (ODF) or PDF. Resumes not sent via email or submissions
that do not follow these instructions will be ignored.
Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St. 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
http://blog.gemidjy.me || http://wiki.lugola.net
Member of Lugola, 2s.mk, FSF (no.6023),
I'm an FSF member -- Help us support software freedom!
More information about the Ossm-members