[2s.mk-friends] Applications for Balkans Meetup are open!

Konstantina Papadea kpapadea at mozilla.com
Wed Mar 25 14:40:13 UTC 2015

Hey all,
in case you missed it, the mozbalkans 2015 meeting applications are now
open!
Below you will find Ioana's e-mail at the Balkans list. If you have any
questions, please do not hesitate to ask me or Ioana :)

Regards,
Konstantina

Hi all!
I am very happy to let you know the applications for the Balkans Meetup
that will take place in May in Bucharest, Romania are now open. The
event will be held on 23rd-24th May with 22nd and 25th for traveling,

This meetup has as goals better collaboration with the functional teams,
planning next activities in the local area together with the teams and
align better with mozilla's goals for 2015 and more. Each functional
team will have dedicated sessions and we will have some group updates
too. We will have a formal agenda soon.

I have started a wiki that will be populated with more info in the next
days here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Balkans/Events:2015/Bucharest
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/Balkans/Events:2015/Bucharest>

*Participation Criteria:*

  * The application is open only for mozillians in Balkans Area:
    https://wiki.mozilla.org/Balkans#Communities
    <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Balkans#Communities>
  * Commitment that you are able to attend the 2 days and involve in the
    working with the functional teams and the organizers ( May 23rd, 24th )
  * Commitment of involvement after the work weekend - Participants
    should make a plan with the functional area for the next 6-12 months
  * Applicant was active in the past year ( 2014 )

*Participant Functiona Areas:*

 1. QA - Quality Assurance - pending confirmation
 2. SUMO - Support
 3. L10n - Localization
 4. CDT - Community Development/ Participation

*LINK for application:*
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14DJ91vB_YusTHGZKgApt5tqz_6JRNVXqs52ZtmKw7ec/viewform?usp=send_form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14DJ91vB_YusTHGZKgApt5tqz_6JRNVXqs52ZtmKw7ec/viewform?usp=send_form>

*Evaluation of applications :*

  * each team will review the applicants for their area
  * activity in the functional areas in the past year -  level of
    activity and implication (at least 5 actions over the last 6 months:
    organizing events, working at some key area, community builder, etc)
  * feedback from community participation team

Rough *timeline *(this might change):

  * March 24th -> Form for application goes out
  * March 24th - 30th -> Mozillians will complete the form
  * March 31st - April 2nd -> Team will review the applications
  * April 2nd -> All applicants will be announced of the final status
  * April 3rd -> All accepted mozillians will be reached by Protravel to
    work on travel details, Visa etc.

If you have any question do not hesitate to ask me.

Yours,
--
/*Stefania Ioana Chiorean
Mozilla Reps Mentor