[Ossm-members] Re: linux compatibility question

дамјан г. mk at net.mail.penguinista
Tue Nov 4 21:58:41 UTC 2003

> does anyone know how i can mount a file system across a network from a
> netbsd box to a slackware box?

use NFS.
In slackware edit /etc/exports and start the nfs,
        "/etc/rc.d/rc.nfsd start" - on my Slack-9.1
also see exports(5) for a description (man 5 exports).

on netbsd I guess it as simple as on Linux:

        mount -t nfs ip.slack.ware.box:/export /mnt/share

you'll need the portmap daemon runing on the netbsd box.

--
Дамјан                                  (jabberID:damjan at bagra.net.mk)

                      Loose bits sink chips.