[Ossm-members] Re: Makedonija vo debian [NEWS]

Marko Simendić che at vidi.sig
Sun Apr 18 16:46:11 UTC 2004

Lokot na gubec, Новица Наков, i sve bu v redu kak v Beču..

> Marko Simendić wrote:
>
>> It interferes in the same way if he doesn't use those standards, or makes
>> the new ones... :)
>
> If I want to make a list of names, I'll go ask everyone that I want to put
> on my list what is their name. And then I'll write down whatever they say,
> and I'll have my list.

That would be the best way to do it. However, how would the Greeks look at
this? You know, the ones that mark Macedonia in their maps as "Skopje"... Not
to mention the Chinese... Maybe there are some other countries that share a
similar problem?
Also, it isn't simple to ask everybody about their names. People differ, and
so do institutions. How can you know who to ask and whose voice represents
the majority? In the Macedonian issue it is fairly simple, but surely there
can be other, more complicated, issues regarding some other countries. If you
want to have an unique list you must take its every member in consideration.
In this case, this is for the UN or a similar organisation to do, not for
Debian maintainers.
I simply can't find the answer to this...

--
 / __)| |_| || __) ICQ#260306390 (o_  [Debian/GNU 3.0]