[Ossm-members] Re: Makedonija vo debian [NEWS]

Marko Simendić che at vidi.sig
Mon Apr 19 10:27:24 UTC 2004

Lokot na gubec, ip, i sve bu v redu kak v Beču..

> Marko Simendić напиша:
>
>> However, how would the Greeks look at this? ... Not
>> to mention the Chinese...
>
> I think that the Chinese would be on our side concerning this Macedonia -
> FYROM problem... They (the Chinese) are strong supporters of our country
> and they are one of the countries that recognize us under our
> constitutional name (Republic of Macedonia).

This is OK, I mentioned the Chinese because their problem with naming
Taiwan...

> On the other hand, we (the Macedonians) are definitely not Greek. Neither
> we nor the Greeks (I hope so :)) don't have territorial pretensions toward
> the other party. The problem is simply wrong interpretation of history. And
> I think that today I should have the (human) right to call myself the way I
> want, regardless of the history issues (I would not like to go into this
> matter now, I think it's really not important).

Of course. These issues with the Greeks are kind of blurry to me, do you know
where could I find an authentic history of the conflict, or any other
document that sheds some light on the issue?

--
 / __)| |_| || __) ICQ#260306390 (o_  [Debian/GNU 3.0]