[Ossm-members] Re: Makedonija vo debian [NEWS] [NEWS] [NEWS]

Anton Zinoviev zinoviev at debian.org
Mon Apr 19 14:57:54 UTC 2004

На 19 април 2004 (понеделник) в 12:21 (+0200) часа Marko Simendi? писа:

> > Which reminds me, why don't they use all-capital letters in writing country
> > names? In the ISO standard, all names are written in capitals. We should
> > insist on this, it is how it is in the standard. I'm serious.
>
> I don't know, maybe they do? Anyone seen the new debian-installer?

The installer gets the names from the iso-codes Debian package.  The
maintainer of iso-codes (Alastair McKinstry) has converted the names
not to be all-capitals.  He writes the following in the package

   This package aims to provide the list of the country and language
   (and currency) names in one place, rather than repeated in many
   programs throughout Debian.

I suppose that before the issues with the names of Macedonia and
Taiwan the maintainer didn't know that there are political problems
with the standard.

Anton Zinoviev