[Ossm-members] macedonian name discussion on debian-project

linuxlists at float.lefant.net linuxlists at float.lefant.net
Mon Sep 27 08:54:00 UTC 2004

Hi,

the intent of my initial post to this list was to inform you about the
ongoing discussion.

i'm pleased to read on the other list that you have been included into
the discussion of-list and that there seems to be a reasonable way of
treating the problem underway (judging from Christian Perrier's latest
post).

still i think it would be practical for you to prepare sth. like an
official statement of your organisation that can be used for future
discussions on that matter.

since i've been offline that weekend and had some spare time i prepared
some statement in that matter for myself. It is just a piece of personal
opinion but if you like it feel free to use some of the wording.
[attached text file]

having that said i'm going on to observe the discussion and try to
minimize my input, since i believe that although i feel the urge to say
something i'm not sure if i really have something to say ;).

ffpx float

ps: just as a point of interest, the practice that is followed by at
least one austrian professor for eastern european history, and probably
in many faculties in austria, is to refer to the republic as
"makedonien" and to the province and ancient greek culture as
"mazedonien", though i think that's not practical for real world. still
an interesting aproach.

--
                       _        |    .''`.Florian Klinglmueller
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )       |   : :'  :debian-ppc user
             & vCards / \       |     `- float at jabber.org