[Ossm-members] Fwd: [ifsa] [Call for Papers Hack.lu 2009]
Aleksandar D. Balalovski
gemidjy at lugola.net
Fri May 1 05:10:14 UTC 2009
Please forward this to other lists.
En la lucha. ReK2 http://binaryfreedom.info
Call for Papers Hack.lu 2009
The purpose of the hack.lu convention is to give an open and free
playground where people can discuss the implication of new technologies
in society. hack.lu is a balanced mix convention where technical and
non-technical people can meet each other and share freely all kind of
information. The convention will be held in the Grand-Duchy of
Luxembourg in October 2009 (28-30.10.2008). The conference is three days
of active discussions, presentations and workshops for sharing
experience around new attacks, defensive techniques and information
security (including funky experiments). We would like to announce the
opportunity to submit papers, and/or lightning talk proposals for
selection by the hack.lu technical review committee. This year we will
be doing one hour talks, and some shorter talk sessions.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Software Engineering and Security
- Spyware, Phishing and Botnets (Distributed attacks)
- Newly discovered vulnerabilities in software and hardware
- Electronic/Digital Privacy
- Wireless Network and Security
- Attacks on Information Systems and/or Digital Information Storage
- Electronic Voting
- Free Software and Security
- Assessment of Computer, Electronic Devices and Information Systems
- Standards for Information Security
- Legal and Social Aspect of Information Security
- Software Engineering and Security
- Security in Information Retrieval
- Network security
- Forensics and Anti-Forensics
- Mobile communications security and vulnerabilities
The following dates are important if you want to participate in the CfP
Abstract submission: no later than 15 June 2009
Full paper submission: no later than 1st August 2009
Notification date: mid/end of August
Authors should submit a paper in English up to 5.000 words, using a
non-proprietary and open electronic format. The program committee will
review all papers and the author of each paper will be notified of the
result, by electronic means. Abstract is up to 400 words. Submissions
must be sent using the following interface: http://2009.hack.lu/papers/
Submissions should also include the following:
1. Presenter, and geographical location (country of origin/passport)and
2. Employer and/or affiliations.
3. Brief biography, list of publications or papers.
4. Any significant presentation and/or educational experience/background.
5. Reason why this material is innovative or significant or an important
6. Optionally, any samples of prepared material or outlines ready.
7. Information about if yes or no the submission has already been
presented and where.
The information will be used only for the sole purpose of the hack.lu
convention including the information on the public website. If you want
to remain anonymous, you have the right to use a nickname.
- Accommodation will be provided (3 nights).
- Travel expenses will be covered up to a max amount.
- Conference speakers night.
Publication and rights:
Authors keep the full rights on their publication/papers but give an
unrestricted right to redistribute their papers for the hack.lu
convention and its related electronic/paper publication.
If you want to support the initiative and gain visibility by sponsoring,
please contact us by writing an e-mail to info(AT)hack.lu
Web site and wiki:
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
IndependentFreeSoftwareActivists mailing list
http://blog.gemidjy.me || http://wiki.lugola.net
Member of Lugola, 2s.mk, FSF (no.6023), IFSA
I'm an FSF member -- Help us support software freedom!
macedonian free software and hacking ezine:
More information about the Ossm-members