[2s.mk-friends] Tom Workshop on statistics or statistical programming on Thursday evening

Thomas Levine _ at thomaslevine.com
Wed Jun 10 00:22:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm tlevine from IRC, I'm in Skopje for a few days, and some of you
suggested that I give a workshop. So I proclaim that I am giving a
workshop Thursday evening about statistics or statistical programming.

Here's how I came up with that topic. I suggested a few of these ideas
to some of you,
https://thomaslevine.com/!/easy-tom-workshops/

and the one that seemed most interesting, by a very tiny margin, was
something on R. These two look appropriate.
https://thomaslevine.com/!/r-for-people-who-already-know-something-about-programming/
https://thomaslevine.com/!/r-spells-for-data-wizards/

After seeing F-test arithmetic on the whiteboard, it occurred to me that
I hadn't suggested a workshop on statistics with doodles.
https://thomaslevine.com/!/statistics-with-doodles-2014-03/

If you want to learn about R, you might also want to learn about
statistics with doodles.

I could do either of these (or both if people are really pumped),
so I'll do whichever is more interesting to the people who turn up.

Tom